ENFP (Extroverted Intuitive Feeling Perceiving) is one of the sixteen personality types of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) psychological test. ENFPs make up about eight percent of the population.
ENFPs are extremely creative and versatile people. They love playing with ideas, spinning off new concepts, and discussing them with other people. They are charismatic, sociable, and exciting to be with because they always seem to have something new to explore or talk about.
Sometimes ENFPs can seem scattered and directionless, and they often have no interest in the mundane details of day-to-day life. They tend to need others to keep them anchored and focused. Here are some famous folks who fit the ENFP type.
ENFP authors are some of the most wildly creative, one-of-a-kind voices in literature.
- Charles Dickens, English author. source
- Hunter S. Thompson, U.S. gonzo journalist. source
- Theodor Geisel (Dr. Seuss), U.S. children’s book author. source
- Samuel Clemens (Mark Twain), U.S. journalist and author. source
- Anne Frank, German-Jewish diarist. source
- Anais Nin, French diarist and author. source
- Kurt Vonnegut, U.S. novelist. source
- Bill Bryson, U.S. author. source
ENFPs’ innovation, social skills, and gift for observation make them natural comedians.
- George Carlin, U.S. comedian. source
- Robin Williams, U.S. comedian and actor. source
- Andy Kaufman, U.S. comedian and performance artist. source
- Ellen Degeneres, U.S. comedian and talk show host. source
- Ricky Gervais, English comedian. source
- Jerry Seinfeld, U.S. comedian and actor. source
- Amy Schumer, U.S. comedian and actress. source
- Bill Cosby, U.S. comedian. source
ACTORS & FILMMAKERS
As creative types who love trying on different roles, ENFPs are naturally attracted to acting.
- Jennifer Aniston, U.S. actress. source
- Drew Barrymore, U.S. actress. source
- Sandra Bullock, U.S. actress. source
- Walt Disney, U.S. director and producer. source
- Keanu Reeves, U.S. actor. source
- Russell Brand, English actor. source
- J. J. Abrams, U.S. director. source
- Daniel Radcliffe, English actor. source
- Kat Dennings, U.S. actor. source
- Orson Welles, U.S. actor and director. source
- Martin Freeman, English actor. source
- Meg Ryan, U.S. actress. source
- Sarah Michelle Gellar, U.S. actress. source
- Cuba Gooding, Jr., U.S. actor. source
- Regis Philbin, U.S. talk and game show host. source
ENFP musicians have a strong lyrical, creative strain in their work.
- John Lennon,, English musician. source
- Bob Dylan, U.S. musician. source
- Bruce Springsteen, U.S. rocker. source
- Gwen Stefani, U.S. singer and designer. source
- Cher, U.S. singer and actress. source
- Ozzy Osbourne, English heavy metal musician. source
- Janis Joplin, U.S. musician. source
- Justin Timberlake, U.S. singer and actor. source
- Franz Joseph Haydn, Austrian composer. source
- Joan Jett, U.S. musician. source
- Jewel, U.S. singer-songwriter. source
- Melissa Etheridge, U.S. musician. source
POLITICIANS & JOURNALISTS
ENFPs in politics tend to be idealists, and it can be a struggle for them to make their ideas work through traditional politics.
- Fidel Castro, Cuban revolutionary. source
- Che Guevara, Cuban revolutionary. source
- James Dobson, U.S. evangelical leader. source
- Rachel Maddow, U.S. talk show host and author. source
- Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Iranian president. source
- Julian Assange, Australian journalist and WikiLeaks founder. source
- Katie Couric, U.S. journalist and talk show host. source
- Muammar Gaddafi, Libyan revolutionary. source
ENFP artists look at the world with unique eyes.
- Salvador Dali, Spanish surrealist. source
ENFP athletes are innovative and unpredictable, and can be electrifying to watch.
- Tom Brady, U.S. quarterback. source
- Jerry Rice, U.S. wide receiver. source
- Kevin Garnett, U.S. power forward and center. source
- Dwight Gooden, U.S. pitcher. source
- Drew Brees, U.S. quarterback. source
- Yao Ming, Chinese center. source
ENFPs aren’t suited for typical corporate work, but some do manage to harness their creativity to profitable ends.
- Dave Thomas, U.S. founder of Wendy’s restaurants. source
ENFP scientists often take a mystical and holistic approach to science.
- Michio Kaku, U.S. physicist and futurist. source
- Brian Cox, English physicist and television host. source
Finally, here are some people from fiction who fit the ENFP type!
- Po from the Kung Fu Panda movies. source
- Willy Wonka from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. source
- Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes. source
- The Genie from Aladdin. source
- Harley Quinn from DC Comics. source
- Eliza Doolittle from My Fair Lady. source
- Finn from Star Wars: The Force Awakens source
- Cookie Lyon from Empire. source
- Ariel from The Little Mermaid. source
- George Bailey from It’s A Wonderful Life. source
- The 11th Doctor from Doctor Who. source
- Anna from Downton Abbey. source
- Renly Baratheon from Game of Thrones. source
- Ron Weasley from Harry Potter. source
- Johanna from The Hunger Games. source
- Faramir from The Lord of the Rings. source
- Bob from The Walking Dead. source